Tuesday 11 August 2015

A busy couple of weeks

It's been a bit hectic over the past couple of weeks because I've had DH at home with me and it's been so nice to have company during the day. He's not one for going away on holiday but he has been a great help in the garden helping with the things I can no longer do, just a shame that he had to go back to work. He's had to change his hours too from being on permanent night shift for most of our married life to an afternoon shift which is working out so much better for both of us.

There hasn't been a lot of stitching going on but I have put a few hours into Celtic Noel



and I've been in the parlour with the ladies from Needlecraft Haven stitching on Snow Love by LHN



Now that he's back at work I'm hoping to find a little more time to catch up on some other stitching and knitting and as he always likes to take cake to work I made a frosted lemon coconut cake. It's supposed to get better for keeping but it never lasts long enough in this house.



I'll leave you with a few photos of the garden, I hope you enjoy them.

We took down the little picket fence that we put up to keep DD's dog safe when he was a puppy but as they are both no longer living here it made sense to remove it and open up the garden.

DH treated himself to a tree fern, I just hope it doesn't die on me.


Two new roses were purchased, the top one is Noble Antony


and this one is called Othello and they both smell gorgeous.


Another new addition is this sweet delphinium named Bolero.




Lots of apples on the Bramley....


and plent of blackcurrants to go with them.


That's about it for now

love and hugs

6 comments:

  1. I like your blog and I love apples and black currants too. got your card today thanks Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos of your garden, so beautiful and I think I can almost smell that lemon cake yumm! Hope you get some crafting time soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks wonderful, what a lovely place to be able to sit and stitch the afternoon away, with a slice of that delicious cake too ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely. Celtic Noel is on my wishlist but I doubt if I'll ever have enough time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely pictures of your garden. We don't have a fence around our garden either, DH just loves to see it open.
    Celtic Noel looks gorgeous and so does the LHN piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog and cross stitch

    ReplyDelete